15 maj 2011

In My Mailbox (9)

 In My Mailbox idea from Kristi @ The Story Siren. All links go to The Book Depository. 
(Except for one this time that comes from a Swedish online bookstore)


 Bought:


Die For Me by Amy Plum
I pre-ordered this book as early as February and finally it arrived. 
I've been dying to read this and it is just so pretty to look at. 

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade
Another pre-order that I ordered because I felt like a light read. 
Plus I've read some good reviews.



Vampyrer by Anna Höglund
This is a Swedish book and I do believe that most of you, although perhaps not speaking Swedish, still understand the title which obviously translates into 'Vampires'. It is something as perhaps unusual as a dissertation from a Swedish university on vampires from a cultural and literary perspective. It discusses the development in vampire lore over the centuries and the role of the vampire and the vampire fiction in human society, just to mention a few things. Sounds very interesting. I have just started the introduction, but it's not exactly a novel one would read from cover to cover but rather a chapter here and there.


What did you get this week?

6 kommentarer:

  1. I love the cover for Vampyrer, it doesn't look like a staid textbook does it?! I've heard such great things about The Ghost and The Goth.
    I hope you enjoy your reading!

    SvaraRadera
  2. I like your books- I loved The Ghost And The Goth when I read it last year and have pre-ordered the sequel, and I'm really looking forward to reading Die For Me as well.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Fun! Apparently everyone go Die For Me this week and the Ghost/Goth sounds like a very light read, though the Vampire book would be nice, but like you said, a little here and a little there. Enjoy!

    SvaraRadera
  4. I've just started Die For Me and I already like it. Can't wait to continue. :) And I'll definitely order The Ghost and the Goth soon, because this really sounds like a fun read. :)

    I hope you'll enjoy your new books and thanks for visting Fictional Distraction. You've got a very pretty blog and I'm a new follower now. :)

    Carina

    SvaraRadera
  5. Die for Me seems to be a popular one today. Great mailbox! Happy reading,

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads
    My IMM

    SvaraRadera
  6. I can't wait to read Die for Me!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-monday-5.html

    SvaraRadera

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!