9 oktober 2011

In my mailbox (27)


In My Mailbox is a meme created and hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

It is a great way for everyone to share their new books with the world: bought, gifted, won, borrowed or from the library. 

All links go to Goood reads. 


Since I haven't been blogging for a few weeks, this IMM contains several weeks' worth of books. Sadly. I wish I'd be able to buy this many books each week...



Bought:


Flickan med snö i håret by Ninni Schulman
This is a Swedish novel written by a Swedish author and the title translates to "The Girl with Snow in her Hair". As always with the Swedish novels I post here it is a crime novel. The interesting thing about this one is that it is set in a small town just about half an hour-an hour away from the town where I grew up and I recognize many of the places and things mentioned in the novel. Fun! 





 Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
I'm not quite sure what made me get this one. It seems good, though. Any thoughts?

Beautiful Darkness by Cami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
I have the first novel of the series on my bookshelf but I haven't read it yet. However I read in a number of reviews that these novels tend to end with a cliffhanger so I though I'd better have the next one ready if I too would suffer from withdrawal symptoms.





Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Soooo pretty! I've had my eyes on this baby for a long time and even pre-ordered it. Since then I've read that many people compare it with Fallen, which I really didn't like (couldn't even bring myself to finish it). I hope that's not the case.

Elemental Reality by Cesya MaRae Cuono 
Okay, okay I admit it! I got it because of the gorgeous cover! 

Enthralled by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong (editors)
And again with these short story collections that I hardly ever read. But still I keep getting them. Perhaps this one I should actually read. It seems promising.


What was in your mailboxes?

9 kommentarer:

  1. Infinite Days and Carrier of the Mark both sound very good and been getting great reviews. Hope you enjoy them!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    SvaraRadera
  2. Oh my goodness! I am jealous of the great books you got. I have been dying to read nearly all of them. I don't blame you for buying Elemental Reality because of the cover, it is so pretty. Also, read Beautiful Creatures ASAP! The series is amazing!
    -Katelyn

    SvaraRadera
  3. Love Margaret Stohl and Cami Garcia. I just posted their tour dates. I would like to read Carrier of the Mark. Enjoy your books.
    Stephanie @ Five Alarm Book Reviews

    SvaraRadera
  4. Everyone seems to have Carrier of the Mark today. Happy Reading!

    SvaraRadera
  5. I also have Beautiful Creatures on my shelf, hopefully we will both get to it soon so we can continue the series. I am quite jealous of Carrier of the Mark, that one is very high on my wishlist. [: Stupid book buying ban. haha

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    SvaraRadera
  6. Great mailbox! I really enjoyed Beautiful Darkness - hope you do as well. Happy reading!

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM :)

    SvaraRadera
  7. You got some really good books this week, enjoy!

    My IMM, http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    SvaraRadera
  8. Did everyone get Enthralled? I'm so jealous. And cannot wait for Beautiful Darkness.

    Enjoy!

    SvaraRadera
  9. Wow, I am so wishing I had Enthralled in my hands! Your photos of the books are so pretty!
    Bethany
    youngbooklove

    SvaraRadera

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!