16 oktober 2011

In my mailbox (28)



In My Mailbox is a meme created and hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren.

It is a great way for everyone to share their new books with the world: bought, gifted, won, borrowed or from the library. 



Bought:



Blå dalia (Blue Dahlia) by Nora Roberts
Svart ros (Black Rose) by Nora Roberts
Röd lilja (Red Lily) by Nora Roberts


Before I first read Twilight and discovered the whole YA scene and after I stopped reading children's and middle school books like the twins of Sweet Valley High I mainly read books for adult because there no other types of books to be found in Sweden at the time. Nowadays, YA is superbig here too and many teenagers even read English books. Yay! That was not the case ten years ago though. So technically, me, my mom and my two older sisters read the same books and the same authors. 

One of these authors was Nora Roberts and I can still appreciate her from time to time, especially her "paranormal trilogies", for example I've read the Key  Trilogy and the Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy. I borrowed the first novel in this so-called In the Garden Trilogy (Blue Dahlia) from my mother-in-law a few years ago and liked it. So where there was a three-for-two grab I decided go get the whole Trilogy. Sometimes I just need some Nora Roberts in-between all my YA.

And by the way, aren't the Swedish covers just so much prettier? They almost always are when Nora Roberts in concerned, for some reason.


Did you get something good this week?

4 kommentarer:

  1. I've never read any Nora Roberts books. I totally agree, the Swedish covers are stunning! I'm going to have to check them out based on the covers alone.

    Books of Amber

    SvaraRadera
  2. I like Nora Roberts sometimes. I love the Ardmore trilogy, I go back and read the second book sometimes (it was my favourite). I didn't like this flower trilogy as much, but meh. I hope you enjoy.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Fab set! I need to start reading Nora Roberts.
    My IMM

    SvaraRadera
  4. Why not return to the things you loved:) I also need a little distraction from the YA books,too.

    SvaraRadera

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!