2 september 2011

Review: Moonlight by Rachel Hawthorne

Plot: I see him and I know what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever.

KAYLA is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying-and thrilling-gene that will change her life forever.

LUCAS is dangerous, gorgeous ... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way.

As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny. (Summary from goodreads.com)

My opinion: When I showcased this novel in an IMM the other week, I got a comment that this book and the others in the Dark Guardian series were a guilty pleasure, and I might just have to agree with that. For me, a guilty pleasure is something you like although you know you shouldn't and that is sort of the case with Moonlight. There are no existential questions to ponder, very few twists you don't see coming and the end is incredibly predictable, but still I could not bring myself to stop reading.

The novel started off with a prologue, and I have mixed feelings about prologues. They can be awesome when carried out well, but they can also ruin a lot if they're not and I find that this prologue is almost a spoiler and I would've though it better to have left it out completely.

If you're looking for a deep philosophical novel this is not a book for you. You enjoy it while you read it but afterwards you never think of it again. However, it was a cute and incredibly fast and straightforward read. You get what you expect in a sweet package. And sometimes that is exactly what you want.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!